If you are already a CVCH resident or a tenant with another social housing provider, you could consider swapping your home through mutual exchange.
A mutual exchange can be a useful way of finding a property better suited to your needs, for example downsizing if you are affected by the removal of the spare room subsidy (bedroom tax) or if you are looking for a home closer to friends and family.
To be eligible for a mutual exchange, you must meet the below requirements:
- a tenant cannot move to a property where they will be overcrowded or have more space than needed;
- neither parties are in arrears with rent;
- the other tenants landlord is happy for the exchange to happen;
- the swap does not breach any planning regulations;
- CVCH’s permission is obtained in writing; and
- there is no ongoing legal action relating to either tenancy.
There may be other conditions, depending on your type of tenancy. Please contact us to see if you are able to exchange.
The person you swap with must meet one of the following requirements.
- they are a CVCH tenant;
- they are a customer of another registered social landlord; or
- they are living in a council-owned and managed home.
To find someone to exchange your home with, register on HomeSwapper. This is a free online service and will help you find other residents who are also looking for a mutual exchange.
When you find someone to swap with, you need to complete a mutual exchange request form by contacting our team on 0121 748 8100 or on email@example.com